February 13, 2008

Spring '08 Walk for Lupus Now Season Has Arrived!

Morning everyone ... I am still recovering from my commute home last night. It took me just shy of 6 hours. All because of weather ... and the fact that it's DC. All I'm going to say for now is ... Egads.

Since I got no sleep last night ... I'm going to go get hopped up on caffeine. But before I go, I wanted to share with you some lupus news.

Until next time, Wick

Walk for Lupus Now

Walk for Lupus Now season is getting underway, with walks taking place across the country. Funds raised from Walk for Lupus Now Walks will support lupus research, lupus education programs, and patient and family support services.

Many Walk for Lupus Now participants have lupus, or are family, friends or caregivers to someone who has lupus. People often walk "in honor" of a friend or family member who has lupus, or "in memory" of someone who lost his/her battle with lupus.

See if there’s a Walk for Lupus Now walk in your community. Or one that’s close by.

If there is no Walk near you, you can still help the LFA by setting up your own fund-raising page and participating in your own walk. For example, you could walk your local mall, hiking path or community park.

Since spring is almost here, and the weather will be warming up, why not take a walk, and help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus.

Reminder

Today's Webchat with Dr. Amy H. Kao starts at 3 p.m. Eastern. The topic is Women's Heart Health. We hope you can join us.



No comments: