February 29, 2008

Can I Support a Walk for Lupus Now Walk If There's No Walk in My Area?

It's Friday everyone! Woohoo!

Hopefully, you've all had a great week. It's been really busy here. The Spring 2008 issue of Lupus Now magazine is about to come out. So next week you can expect to see an entry about that.

I'm still buzzing over last night's LOST. To quote my friend Carlea ... holy moly. The concept of time travel / alternate realities / worm holes ... and the like ... seems to be moving into focus. It was another great episode. LOST is on a roll this year.

And now to lupus news.

Occasionally, I'll get questions from other lupus bloggers ... or from people who happen across this blog ... about a variety of things. In the last week or so, I've received similiar questions from folks (including my pal Chronic Chick) about supporting the Walk for Lupus Now event. So I wanted to address that question.

I'm paraphrasing, but basically the question is this. How can someone provide online support for a Walk for Lupus Now event, if:
  1. there is no LFA Chapter in his/her area, or
  2. a person's mobility may prevent him / her from participating in a walking event for the LFA?
That's a great question. If you would like to somehow help out with a Walk for Lupus Now event, but are unable to do so for whatever the reason, there is a way to lend your support.

We have created this graphic which you can post to your blog or to your website. And you can attach this link (http://www.firstgiving.com/lfa) to this graphic. Actually, what you might want to do first is go to the FirstGiving link and create your own fund-raising page on behalf of the Lupus Foundation of America, and then use that link and attach it to the Walk graphic.

If you are interested in providing online support for a Walk for Lupus Now event, and you would like me to send you the Walk graphic, send me an email to webmaster@lupus.org. I'd be more than happy to do so.

That's all the scoopage from this end. Have a wonderful weekend, wherever you are.

Until next time, Wick



No comments: