November 09, 2007

LFA Attends the American College of Rheumatology's Annual Meeting

Good morning all ...

It's been a quiet week in terms of updating the blog. Several staff, including myself, have been in Boston attending the American College of Rheumatology's annual meeting. This is my first time attending this meeting, and it's been impressive.

Attendees of this meeting include physicians, health professionals and scientists ... basically all people who are connected to the care of people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases. And as you know, lupus is a rheumatic disease.

The programs offered during this meeting have a few objectives, including:
  • To provide an in-depth presentation of the recent advances in the diagnosis, management rheumatic diseases
  • To provide a forum for exchange of new research data by scientists/investigators working rheumatic diseases
It was a fantastic learning experience for myself. And now that I've returned from the meeting, I'll make sure we get back on track with the blog. Have a great weekend.

Until next time, Wick

2 comments:

chronic chick said...

Sounds like a great experince.

Nancywithajones said...

wow sounds like a wonderful thing. thak you for visiting my blog :) I talk about lupus and do alot of scrapbooking to help me deal with my illness but mostly I scrapbook because that is something that will help me leave my legacy behind for my miracle daughter we were told would never be :)
God has blessed me so much and thought I would share it with others. Thanks so much!