This year, the LFA is asking the public to Put On Purple for lupus awareness by wearing purple and telling people why they are showing their support for all people affected by this disease. Put On Purple Day will take place on Friday, May 18, 2012, and is one of many programs taking place during May.
The LFA’s Lupus Awareness Month activities, which include social media, online, and grassroots components, will also empower individuals, organizations, and companies by providing a number of tools and resources so they can educate their communities about lupus. Tools range from fliers, to Web and banner ads, and daily facts about lupus. Check out our Awareness Kit at www.lupus.org/awarenesskit.
There are many ways the public can Band Together for Lupus Awareness such as:
- Listen to and share new podcasts with lupus experts.
- Share their lupus story on Lupus Voices Across America at www.lupusvoices.org.
- Include an article about lupus in their company newsletter or on their Web site.
- Post fliers in their community or around their office.
- Post a Web banner on their personal or company Web site linking to the LFA/Lupus Awareness Month activities.
- Distribute purple wristbands to friends (available for sale at www.shoplupus.org).
- Participate in Put On Purple Day on Friday, May 18 -- encourage friends to wear purple proudly on this day and tell people why.
- Share lupus facts with their networks throughout the month of May via their social media pages.
For more information on how to get involved and raise awareness this May, visit the LFA’s Web site, www.lupus.org or leave a comment!