September 06, 2011

Women with Lupus Have Decreased Risk for Certain Cancers

From our latest research e-newsletter
Cancer risk in lupus is an important topic. Little attention has been focused on women's cancers, even though lupus affects mostly women. Up to now, there have been relatively few studies of the development of these cancers in women with lupus. In this study, the researchers aimed to estimate the risk of breast, endometrial, and ovarian cancers in women with lupus relative to that for the general population.

Read more>>

Want to read these summaries earlier? Sign up for our newsletters here.  

1 comment:

kathy s said...

i remember when i read something years ago about women and decreased risk for cancer I was so happy that I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that, but I was one that got breast cancer.I am clean for 5 years now. so never let down your guard always have yourself checked out. you just never know
http://dailylivingwithlupus.blogspot.com/