Conflicts are an inevitable fact of life. But knowing how to deal with them effectively can reduce stress and save energy, both important factors for people living with lupus. Consider using these ways to regain control in a conflict.
1. Your Plan - Visualizing the future helps you focus beyond temporary problems.
2. Your Perspective - Stop and reassess your point of view and find a learning opportunity in the situation.
3. Your Responses - Look for ways to respond that don’t escalate anxiety.
4. Your Investment - Spend less time thinking about it, talking about it, and engaging in it.
5. Your Role - It takes two to tango, and if you stop dancing, the conflict has no choice but to diminish.
Visit us on our Lupus Now website to continue reading the article.