November 23, 2009

Lupus Blog Spotlight: My Life Works Today!

Good morning everyone.

Hope you're getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday. I know I'm looking forward to it. I'm traveling to Jersey to see family. Should be a lot of fun.

It's been a while since I did a lupus blog spotlight, so I thought I would this morning. I want to share this blog with you. It is called My Life Works Today!

Here's a little bit about Maria, a blogger living in Oregon who runs this site.

"The mission of My Life Works Today! is to inspire individuals who are living with all forms of lupus and lupus-related illnesses ... by being a strong resource of opportunities reflecting the potential and well-being of our Oregon and SW Washington communities.

"As a means of supporting individuals to succeed in their wellness management, we designed this project to offer focused educational workshops, supportive resources and a social network made up of other local individuals who are also committed to designing their own self-care. By utilizing the abundance of information already present through the internet, written media, existing programs and the participants themselves, MLWT gathers this information and creates a learning satellite community for individuals to draw inspiration from.

"We also offer information, discussion groups and presentations for the others in our lives such as family, friends, employers and co-workers so that they may gain a much clearer understanding of what they can do to provide us the support we need to be successful. Self-reliance is important and strengthening our networks, in turn, strengthens us and our healing capacities."

If you have some time, swing by My Life Works Today! and say hi.

That's the lupus scoop from my end. Happy Monday, and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Until next time, Wick

No comments: