July 11, 2008

Lupus Blog Spotlight: MaReVeilleVie

Good morning everyone:

Hope you're as ready for the weekend as I am. My aunt and uncle are coming to town tonight and I'm looking forward to that. Have another quick movie review to share.

I saw The Diving Bell & The Butterfly. The movie is the true story of France's Elle magazine editor Jean-Dominique Bauby, who suffered a stroke that left him fully paralyzed with a rare condition: locked-in syndrome. He could only communicate by blinking his left eye. The movie is absolutely phenomenal. Check it out.

And now on to lupus news.

Lupus Blog Spotlight

I would like to share another lupus blog with you. It is called MaReVeilleVie. Here's a little bit about the blogger ... in her own words.

"I am a 34 year old wife of a dashingly fabulous Airman, mother of a handsome, smart young man, daughter of a stunningly beautiful and courageous mother, and sister of two gorgeous and inspiring younger sisters. I also have a dog named Zoe.

I was diagnosed with lupus in '95 and have been fighting its side effects with the help of the Lord.

I know there is good reason for me having this illness, because I know that God won't put more on us than we can bear. So I must find my purpose and pursue it so that it's not in vain.

I love to talk to different people and learn about different cultures, religions and backgrounds ... I have visited Mexico, and lived in Italy. I have learned some French, Italian and Spanish. I love to travel and see different places taking in sites, cultures, foods, and languages. I am AWAKENED because I have opened my eyes to the gifts given to me by God and I will spend my days growing spiritually and becoming closer to my Lord. My biggest wish is that I fulfill His destiny planned for me."

If you have a few moments, swing by MaReVeilleVie and say hi.

That's the lupus scoop from my end.

Until next time, Wick

No comments: