June 18, 2008

Lupus Blog Spotlight: Lupus Pie

Good morning everyone:

Well let me tell you, after the miserably hot weather we've had here in DC as of late ... this 70 degree weather is awesome. I hope it sticks around for a while.

Been a while since I shared a movie review with you. Based on a friend's recommendation (which has burned me before), I saw Lust in the Dust -- a spoof of Westerns -- over the weekend. Made in 1985, Lust in the Dust stars Tab Hunter, Divine and Lainie Kazan. Not too bad. It had some pretty funny moments.

Lupus Blog Spotlight

I would like to share another lupus blog with you. It is called Lupus Pie. The blogger's name is DC and she lives in California. Here's a little bit about her ... in her own words.

"I'm a happily-married, successful attorney who thought she had it all. Then at age 33, I was diagnosed with lupus and premature ovarian failure. After three years of trying to conceive, my husband and I are embarking on yet another IVF cycle AND starting the adoption process. We have fallen in love with Ethiopia and cannot wait to adopt at least one child from that country. Please join us on our (unusually bumpy, but never boring) journey to parenthood."

And for those of you who are curious as to why her blog is called "Lupus Pie" ... you can learn about the origin of the name here.

If you have a few moments, swing by Lupus Pie and say hi to DC.

That's the lupus scoop from my end.

Until next time, Wick

1 comment:

DC said...

Hey Wick! Thanks for the shout out! You rock!! :)