January 25, 2008

Lupus Blog Spotlight: Butterfly Girl - Living with Lupus

Morning everyone.

Today started off on a good note. A Starbucks opened across the street from our office. While I realize this is hardly earth-shattering, I dare say this is great news because several of my coworkers -- and me too -- love to be caffeinated. So a handful of us walked over, introduced ourselves and basically put them on notice that they'll be seeing lots of us.

Watched another movie last night. United 93. It was very well done, but it was very difficult to watch, given the subject matter. But I would recommend it. You may want to keep a box of Kleenex close by.

And now to lupus news.

It's time to shine a spotlight on another lupus blogger. I recently stumbled upon Butterfly Girl, who hails from Pennsylvania. She's a newbie to blogging. In fact, she only has 2 posts on her blog thus far. Her blog is called "Butterfly Girl - Living with Lupus."

This is how she describes herself: "Basically this is meant as a way for me to express my thoughts about being a 27 year-old woman living with lupus. I've had this disease for 11 years now and more than anything else I'd like to be viewed as someone without a disease. I am trying to live my life the best way that I know how. This is the first time I've ever written a blog, so please bear with me."

If you get the chance (and I see some of you already have), stop by Butterfly Girl's blog and say hi.

One final note. As you can see from the "Lupus Blogs We Read" section posted along the right-hand column, I've been fortunate enough to come into contact with more than 20 lupus bloggers ... not only here in the states but also around the world, like the UK and the Philippines. I think that's pretty exciting. And I look forward to meeting more of you.

Wherever you are ... have a wonderful weekend.

Until next time, Wick


No comments: