December 17, 2007

Lupus: Time To Do Something About It

Good morning everyone:

Hope you had a good weekend. Mine was nice. I finished all my shopping, as I prepare to head to Orlando for the holidays. Caught up on some movies. Finally saw 1965's A Patch of Blue (Sidney Poitier and Shelley Winters). It was outstanding! And I saw 1963's The Haunting (Julie Harris). Don't bother with that one.

Let's now turn from movies in the theater, to public service announcements (PSAs).

I received a lot of good feedback on the PSA I posted a few entries below. So I wanted to share another one with you. This one is a few years older, and is called Lupus: Time To Do Something About It. And it's narrated by Tomiko Fraser Hines, Maybelline model and national spokesperson for the Lupus Foundation of America. Lupus is personal for Tomiko, as her sister Shneequa was diagnosed with lupus several years ago.

Take a look.

Until next time, Wick





No comments: