Last year was a year for new growth and accomplishment for the LFA Georgia Chapter. In a short time, the LFA Georgia Chapter has successfully positioned itself as the go-to resource for lupus in the state of Georgia.
- More than 700 walkers and 80 teams raised $125,000 in the Chapter’s inaugural, city-wide Walk for Lupus Now™. Read more about the Lupus Foundation of America Georgia Chapter Walk.
- The Chapter successfully launched a campaign to be involved with the inaugural ING Marathon. Team Lupus, comprised of 23 runners, raised $9,000 last March!
- Educated and supported thousands of people through support groups, education events, and health fairs.
Those are just a few of the things they have accomplished. Imagine what they could do if they had more help!
- Join the 2008 Walk, ING Planning Committee or the Drive for Lupus Now Golf Tournament Committee. Help us increase team participation and corporate sponsorships.
- Join the new Advocacy Committee to help educate state and federal officials about lupus and campaign for resources to fight against this disease.
- Help raise funds for the chapter with contacts or ideas you may have for fund-raising events or promotions.
- Join a Support group or help us form a new support group. There are many areas in Georgia that are without support groups, or in need of new leaders.
If you live in the state of Georgia and want to learn more about these, and other opportunities to help all people affected by lupus, please contact the Lupus Foundation of America, Georgia Chapter. You can reach them online at http://www.lfaga.org/ or via email at email@example.com.
Until next time, Wick